Letters/Strongly Worded Suggestions to the Editors

contact us @ Basslinesandscreams@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Five Favorite Metal Vocalists

By Cash Manfredo

I've always loved metal. Ever since I heard "The Sickness" by Disturbed in 2000, everything from doom metal to thrash has been blaring in my house, my car, and anywhere else I can raise my horns.

I recently put together a list of my five favorite metal vocalists. I feel these vocalists cover a wide range of metal and really reflect my taste in the genre. Enjoy.

5. Cam Pipes - Three Inches of Blood: Is there anyone with a better falsetto in the game today? I don't think so. Take one listen to "Silent Killer" and you'll see the talent this Canadian has.

4. David Draiman - Disturbed: Draiman is the man responsible for getting me into metal. He has so much range in his powerful voice - I haven't been able to get enough the past eleven years. "The Animal," though one of Distubred's most mainstream songs, showcases Draiman's voice and everything he's capable of.

3. Tony Foresta - Municipal Waste: He may not have as much talent as the latter two vocalists, but Foresta always brings it. His vocals are thrashy, powerful, and so fun to mosh to. Maybe the best singer in the thrash game today.

2. Liam Cormier - Cancer Bats: Cormier's voice wasn't always as good as it is now - on Cancer Bats' first album, "Birthing the Giant," Liam's screams, though powerful, lacked the substance they have now. But ever since Cancer Bats put out their single "Hail Destroyer," no one has gotten me fired up like Cormier. His voice is pure electricity.

1. Kenny Hickey - Seventh Void: Hickey, famous for his spot in Type O Negative, is now the frontman for Seventh Void. To me, no one sings like this guy. He's the best doom metal singer I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment